The Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer has set a high bar for its competitors. It has brought about a new level of practicality and creativity. The Twin Cooling technology of Samsung is the first option one must consider when it comes to factors like energy saving, temperature regulation, odor control, or humidity preservation.
Samsung is for sure a well-known technology giant that is renowned for manufacturing top-notch electrical appliances. The technology utilized in Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer is nothing short of impressive.
Although Samsung is a major player in the technology industry, its appliances can still be prone to faults and malfunctions. Despite the company’s best efforts, there can still be issues that arise with their products including the Samsung Twin Cooling fridge freezer. The company is known for its excellent customer service, and they make sure to solve any issues which their customers face. However, most of the issues that arise with this appliance are easily fixable by us at home.
Let’s take delve deeper into some of the most common issues that can arise with the Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer and explore the steps that you can take to tackle these issues.
Samsung Twin Cooling Fridge Freezer Problems (SOLVED!)
The good thing about the Twin Technology Fridge Freezer is that most of the problems can be fixed through DIY methods.
1. Faulty condenser/evaporator fan of the Twin fridge Freezer
There can be several reasons which may not allow the evaporator fan to function properly.
- Ice gathered around the fan may disrupt its movement by blocking the cycle of the fan blades. Solution: You may need to defrost the freezer. How? Follow these steps: Turn off the freezer unit, remove the ice bucket from the freezer, melt ice using a heat source, and restart the appliance by pressing the reset button present on it. Now return the ice bucket back to its place. And, done!
- The evaporator/condenser fan may not be tightly fixed in its actual place. Solution: Secure and tighten the fan in its place and then restart your appliance.
- The fan may not be functioning due to a faulty motor. The motor may have been burnt and a fan does not work without the motor. Solution: The motor must be replaced as soon as possible or checked if repair is possible, get it repaired.
2. Freezer is unable to perform its freezing function
The main purpose of the freezer is to freeze and if it not doing that then surely there is some issue with the entire freezer.
Possible reasons why the freezer is not unable to perform its main function can be:
- If there is an issue with the main computerized control board of the freezer, the freezer may not be able to work properly. Solution: Reset the unit entirely to return it to its default settings. First, unplug it from the power source then plug it back in after a 60-second gap. You can also turn the circuit breaker off and then turn it back on to reset the unit.
- The cool air generated from the evaporator fan is responsible for freezing stuff. So, if there is ice built up on the evaporator fan of the freezer, that may also be a reason that the freezer is not able to function properly. Solution: Defrost the ice built up on the fan following the steps mentioned under the 1st heading.
- The ‘demo mode’ may have been left turned on which inhibits all functions of the freezer except for the lighting function. Solution: Check the settings properly, if the demo mode is turned on, turn it off.
- If your appliance is placed near a heating source, that may be a cause of the freezer’s inability to freeze. The high surrounding temperature affects the freezer’s internal temperature, and its freezing function is not at its best. Solution: If your appliance is set in a place where there is direct sunlight or any other heat source, change its place, and also, don’t place it too close to the wall, give a few inches gap between the wall and the appliance to ensure proper airflow in and out of the appliance.
- If you have congested the fridge or the freezer with way too many kinds of stuff kept inside it, the breathability of the unit may be disrupted, and the freezer may not be able to cool properly. Solution: Make sure that the fridge freezer unit is not overstocked and that there is enough space for the transfer of air inside and out of the unit.
- The freezer won’t work properly if its coils are clogged with dust and other dirt. Solution: Remove the dirt away from the coils using a vacuum or a blower. Coils must be handled gently.
3. Icemaker of the Samsung twin fridge freezer unit is not working
- This problem commonly occurs when there is a continuous power outage. It is unable to function properly and freezes up. Solution: The simplest way is to defrost the ice maker. Turn off the appliance, remove the ice bucket from the appliance, melt the ice built up on it using a heat source, return the ice bucket back to its place, and turn on the appliance again.
- Other reasons causing issues in the Icemaker may be low pressure, disrupted water supply or even issues with the unit’s main control board.
4. The Twin Fridge Freezer Unit making peculiar noises
Are you also hearing strange, unusual noises coming from the Samsung Twin Fridge Freezer unit? Well, that may be an indication of a problem. Some common causes of these unusual sounds include:
- loosened parts of the appliance
- malfunctioning of the fan or compressor
- built up of ice.
Solution: Fix all of these above-mentioned issues. Tighten the loose parts of the appliance, and check if the compressor needs repair or replacement. Defrost and get the ice masses cleaned up from the unit. You can even turn off the appliance for a few hours to allow it to thaw on its own.
5. Fridge/Freezer is unthawing all the stuff kept in it
Another problem that may arise in your appliance could be that instead of keeping everything cool, it is warming up all the food supplies kept in it. The blue bars on the temperature control zone indicate that the freezer is doing the opposite of what it must do, and one must be alarmed.
Solution: You must follow these instructions to stop the unthawing:
- Remove the appliance’s plug from the power source
- Wait for at least 45 seconds before reconnecting it to power.
- Once reconnected, press and hold the temperature button for a few seconds.
- Test if it is functioning the right way now.
6. The Samsung Twin Unit has stopped functioning entirely
Many times, it happens that the unit stops operating entirely, and none of the DIY troubleshoots mentioned above come to the rescue.
Solution: If this happens, first of all, don’t panic! Check if the unit is correctly plugged in the power source and if not do it. Reset the circuit breaker of the appliance. If none of this works, then calling a Samsung technician is recommended.
Common FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How can you reset the Samsung Twin Cooling Refrigerator?
Unplug the appliance from the power source, wait for at least 30 seconds, and plug it back on. Another way can be by flipping off the circuit breaker and then turning it back on.
2. How to turn off the “Demo mode” on the Samsung Twin Cooling Refrigerator?
- First, locate the display screen on the fridge front.
- On the left upper side of this panel, the “Freezer” and “Alarm” buttons would be present.
- Press both these buttons simultaneously for about five to seven seconds until you hear a sound.
- The demo mode has been turned off.
Another option is to press and hold the power button for 5-7 seconds to turn the ‘Demo mode’ off.