The Whirlpool F21 error code is a washing machine draining error. We face this kind of error when the washing machine is not able to drain water due to heavy load in the machine or some kind of problem in the hose or due to the stuck of some kind of small things like pins, thread, zip in the pump of the machine. If your machine is showing an f21 error, its means your appliances are facing problems and you need to check your washing machine. If you can check it by yourself then it’s good otherwise concern the technician.
Here, first of all, I am going to give you step-wise guidance on what is the reason for this error, and then I will explain to you how you will fix the F21 error code.
Indication of f21 error code
If your washing machine shows an f21 error code it means your machine has water filtering or water unloading issues. If your machine has a water filtering issue, it means its cycle is not working properly. The main issue is due to the following;
- Every machine has a drain filter that filters all the extra waste from the machine’s water. If the drain filter is blocked, waste will be stuck in the hose or the pump, which causes the f21 error code.
- Blockage of hoses can also lead to drainage issue .because of this issue, water is not able to flow from it and cause an f21 error code .there are a lot of issues that indicate the hose blockage like; if the machine takes a long time to complete the cycle, if you feel some kind of sound it’s mean your drainage facing problem, at the end of the cycle if you have some water left in the machine, this indicates the blockage of hoses.
- If you are facing a problem in draining the water from the pump, it’s means something stuck into the pump. This will indicate the f21 error code. The pump issue is indicated by the following reasons; the pump produced some kind of noise which show that the pump is blocked if the washing machine vibrates it means there is some kind of problem if water is not correctly coming out of the pump this will also indicate the pump is blocked and f21 error code is occurred.
- Sometimes, the error code occurs due to electricity issues; for example, wiring issues cause this problem, or sometimes fault sensor indication creates this error.
- In some cases, when you use detergent, then this also creates an error; this creates extra suds in the machine cycle, which lead to the f21 error code because kr draining issue.
If you come to know that your machine has an f21 error code and some kind of problem. like in the hose or in the pump.is present then you need to show it to the technician or to check it on your own.
So before checking the machine, some safety measures are necessary to take. For this, you have to follow the following safety measures.
- First of all, turn off the machine. For this, unplug the machine from the primary connection to help you ignore the problems associated with electricity.
- Then, after this, remove all the content from the machine. Remove clothes and water so you can easily understand the actual issue of the f21 error code.
- All kinds of machines have different styles and structures. To check the machine, you must have tools and knowledge about that version, so it will help you understand the actual problem and where the hoses, pump, and connections are.
Fix the f21 error code
There are the following steps that you need to identify and, then you have to fix the f21 error code.
Check the filter
- First you need to find out the filter that is exactly located.
- Usually, it is present on the lower side of the machine.
- Now open the filter.
- Place a towel or some heavy cloth in front of it so you can clearly observe the blockage reason.
- Clear the filter by removing all water from it.
- Then, check all the filter areas and find out the waste.
- If waste is present, then remove all waste from here.
- Put the filter in it and cover it.
- Check the machine by turning it on so the problem is solved or not yet.
Check the hose
- Now check the hose of the machine
- Check where it is located.
- Check it’s all connections
- Remove all connections.
- After finding it check it, and after checking, find if there is some kind of waste like pin, thread, and kinks.
- Remove the waste from it.
- Then, connect it correctly with the machine and other parts like the drain.
- Check it by turning on the machine.
- Check if any kind of leakage is present.
- Repair it
Drain pump cleaning
- After all, this, clean the pump of the drain.
- For this, remove the lower side panel from the machine.
- Put any kind of cloth below it.
- Open the pump and check it.
- If you find any waste, then remove it.
- Then again, rejoin the pump to its place.
Check pump function
Checking the pump is an important step to avoid the deposition of any waste.
- Turn off the machine connection from electricity.
- Then, to find out where it is located, it is usually present on the lower side of the machine.
- After all, this check whether the drain pump is properly working.
- If not working, check out if any cut or bend in the pump may occur.
- If you find a problem like that, then change the pump.
- After solving the issue, restart the machine to check whether the problem was solved or not.
Washing machine resetting
After checking and cleaning the washing machine parts ,again restart the machine and leave it for a few minutes, then put water and some clothes in the machine and turn it on and reset the temperature, speed, single or double cycle and indicate whether the problem is solved or not.
Control board resetting
Still, if you are facing a problem after cleaning and draining, then reset the control board. For this, turn off the machine and after a few minutes turn on the machines. By doing this,the problem might be solved.
8. Professional help need
If you are facing the same problem after doing all the steps, then there may be some kind of another problem in the washing machine so now you need to call the technician to remove the Whirlpool F21 error.
The F21 error code is very annoying, especially when you are washing clothes and you face this problem at that time,but these issues are so small, and you can solve it easily and by yourself. By following the above-given procedure or steps you can solve these minor problem and make your machine work again properly in the usual way.
But there are some tips and tricks that I feel obligated to share with you, and you need to follow these tips and tricks on a daily basis so you will never face problems like that.
I will give you some protips about washing machine error these are;
Always try to follow the safety measures while using the washing machine. This will help you avoid further losing yourself, your appliances, and your Electricity.
Turn off or switch off the machine before repairing it. This will help you against electric shock and short circuits.
Before starting, and repairing the machine, completely disconnected the machine from electricity and emptied it by removing all water and disconnecting the hoses connections with the machine and water.
While dealing with electricity, always wear glasses and gloves to protect your eyes and hands from any cuts, damage, and waste.
While cleaning the hoses and pumps, carefully deal with all of these. Do not destroy anything, and carefully observe the blockage.
Avoid electricity and water connection.
Try to keep your appliances away from that place where water is present. This will protect you from further loss of electric shock.
Daily bases safeties
- Clean the washing machine properly. It will not deposit waste daily or cause f21 errors by blocking the hoses and pump with waste.
- Try to use good quality detergent which does not cause any side effects for your hands, clothes, and machine.
- Classify your laundry or clothes according to colors and stuff, and wash the same color and same stuff at a time.
- Check the pocket carefully before washing the clothes. Sometimes while washing, loose zips, coins, buttons, and hairpins get stuck into the machines’ hoses or pumps, which causes errors to avoid any leaks and damage.
- Do not use the overclothes in the machine; always use balance load to keep the machine in proper balance cycle.
- Clean the pump occasionally, and check the hoses’ Connection before using.
- After washing clothes, ensure the machine is clean properly and dried.
- Also, try to hire a professional technician for its monthly maintenance.