A freezer is an essential electronic device in any house. They need a daily routine to preserve their food and keep the dishes fresh for a longer time.
Your LG freezer is not freezing; that might be a problem. Are you wondering about a solution to this issue? Let’s read more about it.
Before calling a professional helper, we will guide you with some steps so you can simply try and resolve your issue, as we will show you some common reasons why your LG freezer isn’t freezing. And that your freezer can work in optimal condition.
We will discuss step-by-step explanations and guide you on how you should check your freezer.
The condenser coils are the main component of your freezer, where you can check why your freezer is not freezing.
When refrigerant passes through the coils, heat is released from them. Your freezer won’t be able to freeze correctly if they get unclean or freeze over.
Then your freezer won’t freeze properly.
Furthermore, Check the condenser coils of your freezer and if they get dirty or freeze water on them. Then you should remove them or clean them.
Here are the step-by-step methods to check the condenser coils of the freezer when your freezer is not freezing correctly:
1. Switch off the switch from your refrigerator board.
2. Take your fridge far away from the wall.
3. Then, separate the lower back panel of your refrigerator.
4. Check for condenser coils where they are located.
5. See the condenser coils properly. If they get dirty or are covered with ice, then you should remove the ice from them. If the coils are dirty, clean them with a soft cloth if they are covered with ice. Then, leave your freezer switched off so the ice can become water. Check the next fridge component to see if they are not dirty or covered with ice.
6. Once the condenser coil of the freezer is clean or the ice is melted. Then put the lower panels of your refrigerator back. Turn on the switch from the refrigerator board. Check that your freezer is now freezing correctly. You must wait a few hours to check that your freezer is freezing correctly. If the freezer is still not working, move on to the next fridge component and check that.
Temperature Control Thermostat
The next main component of the refrigerator is the Temperature Control Thermostat. This component of the fridge controls the temperature in your freezer. The temperature control thermostat monitors the temperature in your freezer. That provides the direct voltage to the evaporator fan motor, the compressor. Check the fan motor to see if it’s working correctly. If it becomes faulty or not working, then the LG freezer might not freeze.
That’s the step-by-step method to check the temperature control thermostat of your refrigerator.
1. Check your fridge and find the thermostat.
2. Set the lowest setting to the highest stage of the thermostat if you hear the click sound correctly. It means it’s working properly, and then you can move on to the next step.
3. If the click sound is not producing. Then use a multimeter to test the thermostat of your refrigerator.
4. If it’s showing continuity after the test. It means it works fine, and you can move on to the next. If not, then you should replace the thermostat of your refrigerator.
5. Put your refrigerator back together once it is replaced. Then switch on your refrigerator and check if the problem has been resolved. You will also have to wait a couple of hours to check. If not, then move on to the next step for checking.
Condenser Fan Motor
The condenser fan motor is the next important step in any refrigerator. This fan in your refrigerator helps to change the warm air over the condenser coil to keep them from defrosting. If the fan motor is malfunctioning, your freezer may not freeze.
Here is the following step-by-step method to check the condenser fan motor of the refrigerator.
1. Switch off the refrigerator from the wall and take it away from the wall. So you can access the back panel easily.
2. To access the condenser fan motor, separate the lower back panel of the refrigerator.
3. Check for a fan motor, whether it’s working correctly or not.
4. If the fan is rotating fine without restrictions and completing its whole cycle, you can check the next component.
5. If the fan motor is not rotating correctly, use a multimeter to test the fan motor. You will also need to unplug the wires connected to the condenser first.
6. If the multimeter test does not show continuity, it should be replaced.
7. Once replaced, put your refrigerator back together, turn on the power, and check if the problem has been solved (you will need to wait a couple of hours to find out). If not, move on to checking the next component. Once the condenser motor is replaced, put your refrigerator back into place, and turn on the switch from the electricity board. Check if the problem is resolved now. You will have to wait while checking whether the refrigerator is working correctly.
The start relay collaborates with the start winding to ensure proper compressor operation. Your freezer may fail to freeze if it develops a problem.
Here’s how to check the start relay:
1. Make sure that the refrigerator switch is unplugged from the board.
2. Take the refrigerator away from the wall so you can easily access the back panel of it.
3. Check for the start relay component.
4. Do a multimeter test to check that the start relay shows continuity in the multimeter.
5. If the multimeter test shows continuity, make sure that the smell of burning is coming from the start relay. If it works correctly and the scent is not coming from the back, move on to the next step to check why the freezer is not freezing. And if it is not working correctly, you should have to replace this.
6. Once it is replaced, put your refrigerator back into its place. Check for a problem that is resolved now or not. You will also wait a couple of hours for this to check the freezing method of the refrigerator.
The compressor is also one of the main components in the refrigerator. It is a system that compresses the refrigerant and then circulates it through the evaporative motor and condensation coils. Suppose the compressor of the fridge becomes faulty. Then your freezer will not be able to freeze.
Here is the step-by-step method to check the compressor:
1. Make sure that the refrigerator is still switched off.
2. If the refrigerator is also not away from the wall, then keep it away to check the back panel of the refrigerator.
3. Remove the lower back panel to access the compressor at the refrigerator if you still need to remove the panel.
4. Locate the compressor from the back panel.
5. Use the multimeter test also for this to check the continuity of the compressor.
6. If the multimeter is not showing continuity, the compressor must be replaced. And if it does not show an open circuit, it works properly. And you have to move on to the next component. To find out whether your freezer is not freezing correctly.
7. If it’s replaced, put your refrigerator back in place, turn on the refrigerator from the switchboard, and check for a resolved problem. If not, move on to the next step for finding out. Again one thing: wait for a couple of hours.
Temperature Control Board
The control board of the refrigerator provides the proper voltage to the compressor and the fan motors in your freezer. You should replace it if it becomes faulty and not working correctly. Your freezer might only freeze appropriately if the temperature control board is fixed.
It is difficult to test the temperature control board of the refrigerator. One of the best options is to replace it simply. If you have checked all the other components listed before, they are working correctly. Then, return the temperature control board and see if the problem is resolved.
Main Control Board
The main control board of the refrigerator is tough to check. So the final decision is that if you still need help finding the reason for your freezer not freezing. Then it will replace the main control board of the refrigerator. Replacing the main control board will also not guarantee to solve the problem. Aunty replacing this is also quite expensive. So, the last but not least option is to purchase a new refrigerator.